Updated: Sep 30
Eliminating stress, is it even possible? While elimination might now be on the horizon, reducing its impact on you is possible. With the season of stress rapidly approaching, there are a few quick ways to make your day brighter that will give you immediate results.
1) Close your eyes and take 10 deep breaths focusing on the inhalation, exhalation and nothing else besides relaxing your body.
2) Stop checking your gadgets and enjoy dinner without your email, texts and phone interrupting your time with the people you love.
3) Avoid sugar and the mood swings that come with it.
4) Take an hour out of your month to set goals and decide what you want from life versus let someone else chart your course.
5) Take time to enjoy some form of physical activity every day. Whether it is simply walking your dog or participating in an exercise class of some kind, your body was made to move.
The hardest thing for me is acknowledging that my current crisis is not a lifestyle. It’s a blip in the road that will eventually even out if I keep the habits in place that keep me healthy and strong. Taking time to exercise and enjoy the outdoors are always the best things to keep me calm.
While holidays are always a stressful time regardless of your family situation, they don’t last all year. (Thankfully!)